Number of confirmed coronavirus cases rise to 21 in Telangana and 5 in Andhra
Ahead of ‘Janta curfew’ on Sunday, Telangana CM asks people to stay in till 6 am on 21 March
- Eight of a group of 10 Indonesian nationals tested have positive for the deadly disease in Telangana
- Hyderabad:Total number of people with Covid-19 in Telangana rose to 21 after the state reported two fresh cases on Saturday, according to a state government health bulletin.
- Chief minister K. Chandrashekhar Rao (KCR) said he supports Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s call for ‘Janta curfew’ on Sunday, and asked people to stay home till 6 am on Monday.
- KCR also said he will impose a complete shutdown if necessary.
- The two fresh cases comprise a 35-year-old man and a 33-year-old man who worked in the US and travelled to Hyderabad via Dubai.
- “We will have a total shutdown if it comes to that. People should not come out tomorrow. We had been asking the Centre to not allow international flights to land (in India). But everything cannot be shut down in one go, it has to be done step-by-step. There will be people who may be travelling and in between (places),” KCR said while addressing a press conference.
- The chief minister on Saturday reviewed the situation in Karimnagar district, where eight of a group of 10 Indonesian nationals have tested positive for the deadly disease.
- In neighbouring Andhra Pradesh, total number cases stand at five, while 1,006 people have been kept under observation–711 in home isolation, 36 in hospital. About 259 have completed the 28-day observation.